Life groups meet weekly on Monday evenings to help people grow, change and overcome their life struggles through Bible based course study. These courses are led by facilitators who want to see people grow and change, and most facilitators have overcome the struggle themselves. The course fee of $35 helps cover course materials and snacks.
Date: Starting Jan. 15 for 13 weeks
Place: Woodvale Church, 205 Greenbank Rd
Registration for this term is now closed.
ANGER, TAMING YOUR WILD SIDE
Life is full of hurts and bumps and bruises. Every emotional hurt we experience produces an automatic reaction of anger in us, even if we are not aware of it. As a result we tend to repress our anger instead of using it to help us deal with life’s hurts. Anger is often misunderstood and when we express it in a destructive manner, we experience hurt again.
In this course, you’ll learn how anger can work for your benefit and how to use it to overcome hurts and offenses through forgiveness.
Here are a few of the topics covered:
- Understanding anger’s purpose
- How depression, anorexia, sarcasm and yelling can all come from a similar root
- How to deal with hurt by turning anger into a friend
- Developing a strategy that turns anger into motivation
- Distinguishing between anger and bitterness
- How to heal hurt and bitterness through forgiveness
The divorce recovery support program provides the care needed to heal the hurt. It allows gorup members to personalize each concept and focus on specific issues as the challenges of divorce are faced. The group helps discover the important keys to balanced relationships and moves members beyond bitterness, anger and loneliness. As well, the members are helped to acquire increased strength and self-knowledge as well as embrace a time of healing through reflection, re-creation and refocusing The format is a DVD/Discussion time with sharing and inspirational readings.
Having clear boundaries is essential to a healthy, balanced lifestyle. Do you ask questions like:
- Can I set limits and still be a loving person?
- What are legitimate boundaries?
- What if someone is upset or hurt by my boundaries?
- How do I answer someone who wants my time, love, energy, or money?
- Aren't boundaries selfish?
- Why do I feel guilty or afraid when I consider setting boundaries?
This course offers biblically-based answers to these and other tough questions, showing how to set healthy boundaries with parents, spouses, children, friends, co-workers, and even ourselves.
Search for Significance - For Women
Teaches members how to develop self-esteem and how to be focused and ambitious about the things that add quality to life's experiences. Encourages members to gain new skills for getting off the performance treadmill. Group discussion allows members to share experiences and help each other gain more self confidence.
STRENGTHENING BLENDED FAMILIES - Discover The Keys To A Healthy Stepfamily
This course reveals the seven fundamental steps to blended family success and provides practical, realistic solutions to the issues you face as a stepfamily. Whether married or soon-to-be-married, you'll discover how to:
- Solve the everyday puzzles of step parenting and stepchildren relationships
- Communicate effectively with an ex-spouse
- Handle stepfamily finances confidently
- "Cook" your stepfamily slowly rather than expect an instant blend