Do you have an annual physical check-up done? Most big companies pay for their senior management to get their annual physical check-up done so as to ensure that the company is not expose to any unforeseen health risk for their senior employees.
Should we practice doing an annual spiritual check-up? I think that we should so that we can assess how we are doing and whether we are growing. What gets measured can be improved as the results will tell you where you are compared to where you would like to or should be.
Some questions we can ask to test our spiritual health are:
1) Am I spending time in prayer daily?
2) Am I reading my Bible daily?
3) Am I actively and faithfully serving in my local church?
4) Am I forgiving people who have hurt me?
5) Am I actively and faithfully fighting sin in my life?
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?– 2 Corinthians 13:5 (NIV)